Hemorrhoid banding is a procedure in which the hemorrhoid is tied off at its base, cutting off blood flow, resulting in the hemorrhoid falling off and being eliminated.
At WAGI, we utilize the patented CRH-O'Regan Disposable Hemorrhoid Banding System to maximize comfort for our patients. This method uses gentle suction to grasp the hemorrhoid, significantly reducing the risk of pain and bleeding. Also, because the single-use device is 100% disposable, the risk for cross-patient infection (i.e. HIV, Hepatitis B and C) is eliminated. The hemorrhoid typically falls off within a day or so, and 99.8% of patients have no post-procedure pain. Performed in our offices in as little as a minute or two, the banding technique has been found to be 99.1% effective.
Before scheduling your hemorrhoid banding procedure, try these at home treatments to determine if your hemorrhoids will resolve on their own:
- Take a 15 minute sitz bath (a warm bath with a tablespoon of salt added), three times per day and after each bowel movement, if possible. Gently dry your bottom after each bath.
- Avoid constipation by increasing the amount of fiber and liquid in your diet. Stool softeners may also be helpful when attempting to avoid constipation.
- Avoid sitting on the commode for more than two minutes to prevent excess straining. If you are unable to have a bowel movement at that time, try again later.
- Avoid prolonged sitting or other activities that will increase the pressure on your bottom. If you work at a desk all day, get up and move around whenever you can.
- There are many creams or suppositories for hemorrhoids, but they have limited benefits.
If these treatments do not help within a week or two, contact us to discuss our fast, safe and painless treatment method for hemorrhoid removal.